Here's another picture from Beijing. We got to the Forbidden City after it had already closed, so we went to an adjacent park to see if we could climb a hill and see in. We couldn't, but the park was gorgeous.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
I met Tom today. I was being measured for a new shirt.
It was quite an amazing confluence of incongruities®:
- a blogging Saville Row tailor with 19th-century shears and his Google Calendar up on his laptop sitting atop a pile of cloth;
- two blokes from the North of England meeting for the first time in a fancy hotel suite in San Francisco;
- a bespoke shirt being made just for me, of all people...
Thanks Wendy for a cool birthday present!
Monday, June 12, 2006
- In the United States, since 1980 the share of overall income going to the top 1% has doubled from 8% to 16%
- 22% of Americans believe in evolution; 69% believe in angels; 46% believe they have a personal angel
- 2 people each month jump from the Golden Gate Bridge, making it the most popular place in the world for suicide