Things moved quickly after that date night at the top of Bernal:
- April 16, Twitter announced that it was acquiring Gnip, a longstanding partner and company of maybe 85 people—based in Boulder;
- a couple of weeks later the acquisition closed;
- May 13, I accepted Twitter's offer of a transfer to a new Colorado-based role working with the Gnip team;
- May 23, we were under contract on a house a couple of miles from the Gnip—now Twitter Boulder—office;
- May 31, I brought the whole family to Colorado to check out our new place; and
- by the end of June we'd closed on the new house and bought a car in which to drive from San Francisco to Boulder.
And so the move began.